News

Weather: Chance of flurries, risk of freezing drizzle for New Year’s Eve


Article content

It’s looking like a slushy end to 2021 with snow and cold temperatures to start 2022.

Friday’s forecast is for cloudy skies with a 30 per cent chance of flurries, the risk of freezing drizzle and a high of 0 C, according to Environment and Climate Change Canada.

The wind chill was expected to be -12 Friday morning with fog patches clearing.

There’s a 40 per cent chance of flurries Friday night, again with the risk of freezing drizzle, with the temperature expected to hold steady near -1 C and an evening wind chill of -3.

For New Year’s Day, a 40 per cent chance of flurries switches to a 60 per cent chance of rain or drizzle in the morning with the risk of freezing drizzle in the morning and fog patches expected to clear near noon. The forecast high is 1 C with an overnight low of -12 C.

Periods of snow are forecast to start Saturday night and continue Sunday, which is expected to reach a high of -9 C with the mercury dipping to -19 C overnight as skies clear.

Monday is expected to be sunny with a high of -10 C and low of -12 C.

A mix of sun and cloud and milder temperatures are forecast for Tuesday with a high of -3 C and a low of -8 C.

“Normals” for this time of year are highs of -6 C and lows of -14 C.

Sunrise is at 7:42 a.m. and sunset is at 4:29 p.m.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.